Thursday, May 24, 2012

Hiiro no Kakera - 08


Mahiro was a huge brat in this episode, and I'm surprised that Tamaki didn't slap him.  I know I would have.


I don't entirely trust Masataka.  I don't understand why the Bureau
of Medicine would have anything to do with the Onikirimaru in the first place, unless whatever the Onikirimaru is has an impact on the scientific and medicinal world.  Then there's his connection to Kiyono.  It's become the norm for me to not trust people in this anime, and I don't think Kiyono has been completely honest with Tamaki either.  Of course, there's Baba-sama and Mitsuru; once again, it feels like they're keeping things from Tamaki, and I don't know why.  Instead of Tamaki bumbling around and feeling lost, there has got to be some way for them to show her how to use some magic.  She's obviously the Tamayori princess, and she obviously has power.

Then there's the strange legend that Tamaki rambled as she was seemingly possessed.  Whether or not the Onikirimaru is the sword that was mentioned, it's obviously a huge clue to a piece of the puzzle.  However, instead of helping Tamaki figure it out, Mahiro just acts like a giant brat, kicks her while she's down, and Takuma allows it!  Tamaki, seriously, it's time to start slapping.  And Ryou is as mysterious as ever after he tells Tamaki that Shinji has a bad smell after she discovers Shinji secretly speaking with Fiona-sensei.  Perhaps the betrayal I was suspicious of won't come from Suguru after all, although another puzzle piece was thrown into the mix with the photo that Suguru was holding at the end.

The plot is picking up, yet everything is still strangely disjointed, and it's hard for me to wholly enjoy it.  While I understand why Mahiro was so upset, it still annoyed me to see Tamaki try so hard and not have anyone acknowledge or understand her.  It's all fine and good for her to try and understand them, but for them to understand where she's coming from?  It's like they can't see it, or won't see it, and really, that's very selfish.  I sure the angst stops soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment