Monday, May 7, 2012

Accel World - 05


Embarrassed Kuroyukihime is too cute!  And did they really have to end in another, albeit small, cliffhanger?  I hope we find out her real name soon - typing Kuroyukihime can be a pain!



The fight itself between Taku and Haru was pretty spectacular.  I didn't expect Taku to be such a jerk, or to be so cruel towards Haru.  I mean, this was his childhood friend who basically idolizes him!  Part of me understands where Taku is coming from, but the other part couldn't believe that he could betray Haru like that.  I can only imagine the pent up jealousy that Taku had over Haru and Chiyu's closeness; however, bringing Haru down like he did was cruel.  I was surprised to see Haru forgive Taku so easily in the end, but glad that Haru at the very least made Taku acknowledge him as his equal.  It shows that Haru is still merciful and kind, even to those who may not deserve it, but at the same time he won't settle for anything less than the respect he deserves.  If only he could be like that in reality!


I enjoyed watching Haru get his wings, as well as the tearful reunion between Haru and Kuroyukihime.  One thing that I really do like about this anime is that, while Kuroyukihime gives Haru the confidence and courage he needs, ultimately, he's the one who defeats his opponents.  And now that Kuroyukihime has all but declared war in the Accel World, it's curious to see where the anime will go, especially since it's still fairly early in the series.  Like Haru, I thought her true form was pretty amazing too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment