Monday, May 28, 2012

Accel World - 08


Holy crap, Haru.  If it's one thing that he doesn't lack, it's dedication.  He's simulating getting shot - and does - all for the sake of getting faster!  That's insane!


The introduction of Scarlet Rain was quite humorous, as Haru was obviously quite taken by her at first ("Because there's no way my little sister would be this cute!" - loved that reference!).  I'm glad that he wasn't taken for a dummy though, and in fact, figured out quickly and on his own that she wasn't who she said she was.  The fight showed the enormous gap of power between a King and a level four player though.  I wonder if they'll keep skipping over Haru's level ups the way they did this episode, and instead focus on the plot more than his levels advancing.  I hope they do since it's always such a bore to watch a character fight and succeed or lose just to get the power he needs to at the end.  I'd rather have only the important fights be shown, like this one.

Another interesting revelation shown was that Hime seemed to have a relationship with the first Red King.  The nature of the relationship itself was left a mystery, but it obviously ended badly (with Hime beheading him and whatnot).  However, I hope we learn the full extent of it later.  Also, the way Haru pledged his loyalty to Hime again was pretty endearing.

 A couple of side notes:

  • I love how Hime is the one who gets to say all the cheesy lines ("I prefer waiting for you over making you wait, as I can memorize and cherish everything from the moment you appear in the entrance" - lines like those are usually only reserved for characters like Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club!).
  • Who was the creepy monster at the end?  I'm willing to bet that Scarlet Rain's requested meeting with Hime has something to do with him.
  • If I wasn't mistaken, Hime was a whole lot more upset about Haru's loss to Scarlet Rain than she let on to him even though she never really lost her cool.  For once, I'd like to see her freak out a little bit.



No comments:

Post a Comment