Friday, June 8, 2012

Chihayafuru 2nd Season Announced!


The second season of the Chihayafuru anime was just announced!



It doesn't mention when it will air, but as long as it does air, I don't care!  Chihayafuru was one of my favorites last season.  While it was categorized as a josei, it still had a lot of shounen qualities about it.  I never thought anything could make a card game like karuta so exciting!  Nonetheless, Chihayafuru did a great job at explaining and making the watcher invested in a game that would otherwise be deemed as boring.  Not to mention, all the characters were unique and likable.  I hope we see more of Arata in this second season, but I have to throw my allegiance with Taichi.  Taichi is one of the best developed characters I have ever seen.  All of his flaws and weaknesses are exposed in the first few episodes, and you really watch him grow as a character as the anime goes on.  And of course, it doesn't hurt that Miyano Mamoru is his voice actor either!

What a great way to start off the weekend.  Taichi Tuesdays FTW!

No comments:

Post a Comment