Thursday, June 7, 2012

Accel World - 09


That face!  That expression!  Those tears!  How can anyone not think Haru is adorable??!



Last week, I mentioned how I really want to see Hime lose her cool, just once.  This week, Accel World granted my wish as we got to see Hime lose her composure several times, from shooting daggers at Yuniko, staying at Haru's place overnight just to prevent him from being alone with Yuniko, and even punching Yuniko!  It was great seeing the ever calm and present Hime be threatened by an elementary school student.

On a more serious note, we find out that the Accel World is being plagued once more by Chrome Disaster and his Armor of Catastrophe, even though Hime swears the Armor had been destroyed already two years ago.  Instead of just hunting down the monster, it seems like just killing it isn't enough since the armor possesses a power that allows it to jump from Linker to Linker.  However, even though it was supposedly destroyed, it has appeared again, and those are the real questions: how was it appeared again?  And why?  Or even, is there a who that's behind this?  And I'm curious myself as to what happens to the possessed Burst Linker in the real world.  Are they aware that they've become Chrome Disaster?  Or are they just stuck in the Accel World until someone kills them?  I really hope they clear up my questions at least since I feel like it's a huge gaping hole in the logic of the world.

And the way they're able to share memories!  I wonder if they're able to do that because it happened in the Accel World, or if they're able to do it because of the advanced technology.  I kind of wish we had that capability - think of all the crimes that could be solved, or misunderstandings that can be resolved, just through being able to show someone your memory!

Another note: what is up with Taku's avatar?  He's like the Tin Man from The Wizard of Oz!


No comments:

Post a Comment