Thursday, July 19, 2012

Natsuyuki Rendezvous - 03


I'm going on vacation in a couple of days and so I've been delaying watching certain episodes because I want something to do while on the plane.  Natsuyuki Rendezvous, however, was one that I probably shouldn't watch while in the company others; I've either cried or teared up at each episode, and this is only the third one!

While Shimao acts like a whiny child, throwing tantrums and refusing to move out the way for Hazuki, I can certainly empathize with him.  If I was in his place, watching my spouse in the arms of another in my old bedroom, I'd probably cause an earthquake as well.  But most of all, I feel for Rokka.  Even without Shimao around as a supernatural element, Rokka's conflicted feelings are so genuine and real that I completely understand her reluctance and confusion at the thought of being with anyone else.  To think, this was only the third episode.  I have a feeling it's going to be a tearjerker.

No comments:

Post a Comment