Saturday, August 4, 2012

Accel World - 15 & 16


Trying to get back on track with anime after a vacation is tough!



After losing the fight and his wings to Nomi, Haru is understandably upset, especially knowing that he can't protect Chiyu from Nomi.  I'm not sure why he didn't tell Takumu or Hime about the fight, particularly since he knows Nomi will eventually go after them both, but since logic doesn't always prevail in anime, I'll let it slide.  Ash Roller re-appears, this time as an ally to introduce Haru to his guardian, Sky Laker.

A couple of interesting revelations in both episodes.  One is that Sky Laker used to be in Black Lotus's legion, and Black Lotus is the one who cut off Sky Laker's legs at her request.  Two is the whole image power thing.  I'm not sure how I feel about it, especially since it seems to imply that anyone can do anything in Accel World if they wish for it strong enough.  A bit of a cop out, in my opinion, but I suppose this is the loop hole that will enable Haru to regain his flying ability without his wings.  What I did like was the explanation that Sky Laker gave Haru about why he had the flying ability, and the symbolism of his wings in relation to his life in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment