Monday, August 20, 2012

TARI TARI - 08


It's hard to stay motivated when it feels like your whole world is crashing down.



In a sense, I understood Sawa's father.  He only wants what is best for his daughter, even if it means her giving up her dreams.  They didn't really expand on this, but it felt like, in a way, his worst fears were realized when Sawa fell off her horse.  That could have been a motivator in his adamant refusal in allowing her to be a jockey.  However, the episode felt a bit forced to me.  I know that Sawa's dream is to be a jockey, but I feel that whenever someone has such a strong goal, they know more about how to get there.  Height and weight restrictions are fairly basic, and so I'm surprised that Sawa would wait until last minute to verify such requirements.  It doesn't seem realistic to me at all.  Not to mention, there are other careers involving horses that Sawa could go into.  It's strange to me that these issues weren't mentioned.  Nonetheless, the scene with Sawa's father at the end was pretty powerful.  Her father loves her, and even though he doesn't agree with her choices in life and will do anything to change her mind, he'll still stick up for her when warranted.

We get a little bit more information about the vice principal.  It seems like she's warming up to the Choir Club, although just barely.  Parts of the episode had me chuckling as well, like Konatsu's continued assumptions about Sawa's "lost love" (and Wakana's subsequent thumbs up), Wien trying to pull the fire alarm, and Wakana doing prank phone calls to the vice principal.  I love those little details and jokes sprinkled throughout.  And really, I know Sawa was depressed and angry, but I'm really glad she yelled at those snobby music students.  Even though she was talking about herself, everything she said was completely true.



No comments:

Post a Comment