Monday, March 26, 2012

Ano Natsu de Matteru - Final Impressions


This anime...is just too wonderful for words.


To sum up the last episode, Kaito and Ichika finally reach the place in Ichika's memories.  The alien that once visited had her memories taken away since Earth was still a developing civilization, but was able to transmit her memories to be locked in this place.  Unfortunately, the evidence was written on a tree that was broken in half, and therefore would not help Ichika to stay.  As the drones take Ichika away, I felt both of their heartaches keenly.  It was beautifully sad, and this anime did a wonderful job at showing all the emotions.

Life goes on for the four of the main characters, with school, confessions from girls for Tetsurou, and Kaito's sister returning with souvenirs.  Remon announces that she was transferring schools (or is she really?), but before she leaves, she gives them the unfinished film.  The ending song that began playing was absolutely perfect for complimenting the memories that the film captured.  I teared up all over again, and started crying especially when Kanna lost it, and then even harder when they showed Kaito.

And then, my heart about stopped because I thought the anime was done.  What, you mean that's it?  What about the love triangle?  What about Ichika?  No!  But then...but then...they first showed this scene with Mio and Tetsurou both blushing, and Kanna looking somewhat accusingly at them.



And then this final scene, with Ichika wearing the souvenir that Kaito's sister brought back.  It was perfect!

I think I loved this anime because it did such a perfect job at capturing the heartaches and turmoils that everyone at one time or another experiences.  I felt like I was transported back to high school, except I didn't have a Remon fairy godmother there to help clear up (or cause) misunderstandings or to speed up everything.  It was poignant, nostalgic, and a whole lot of fun to watch.  I loved it!

P.S. Remon, you're such a troll.  I can't believe the one thing I thought you were lying about (being in the MIB) was true the entire time.  I love you.  I wish I had one of you in my life!








No comments:

Post a Comment