Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sukitte Ii na yo. - 04

This is not your usual high school slice-of-life romantic comedy series!



Sukitte has continuously amazed me throughout the last few episodes by its bravery to tackle more mature issues that shows the darker side of high school life.  There's sex, dieting, and changing your personality to be more popular - and then there's Mei.  There's so many good things I can say about Mei's character, but in short, she's a wonderfully honest yet realistic person.  Even though she doesn't have much experience in the social world, she knows who she is, she knows who the type of people she'd want as friends, and she doesn't compromise.  At the same time, she's still learning a lot about herself and what it means to have someone by her side and supporting her. 


One scene I wanted to especially highlight was when Mei deleted Hayakawa's entry from her phone.  She was being so quiet throughout lunch that it almost seemed like Yamato was dictating everything for her, and so I thought she'd keep being quiet.  However, she surprised me with her reaction, and I inwardly cheered for her.  Go Mei!





No comments:

Post a Comment