Tuesday, September 18, 2012

TARI TARI - 12

Despite all my criticisms of this show, this episode leading up to the finale did bring tears to my eyes.



First of all, let me just say that Sawa is absolutely awesome.  The passion in her voice while pleading her case to the merchants made me choke up.  Not to mention, she's just so cool!  I love her nonchalance when Tanaka asked to take her photo - and the fact that he quietly kept the photo for himself made it all better!  Love her! 

Second, I really enjoyed the scene between Wakana and the vice principal.  The vice principal finally voices why she seems like such a hard and bitter woman; nothing she touched ever lasted and in the end, music only really ever loved Mahiru.  I don't think it's true; I think that she and Mahiru had very different outlooks on music.  The vice principal just loved music too much but at the same time, she is also a serious woman by nature.  When you combine those two elements, you get someone who seems severe.  Understanding that makes me understand her earlier actions with Konatsu. 
At times, Konatsu does seem frivolous and like she's only having fun.  As a result, those who are very serious about music, like the (bitchy) choir girl and vice principal, feel like she's only making light of something they are very passionate about. 

And finally, the principal is such a pansy.  Not only did he fail to stand up for the festival when he should have, but when he finally does, he uses Konatsu's words instead of his own.  And even then he failed to convince the board member about allowing the kids their festival.




No comments:

Post a Comment